I photographed this sweet baby when she was a newborn and now she is sitting up and she has the *best* smile. I love returning clients! Especially when they start off so little. There are so many amazing reasons I have about being a family/newborn photographer but the best thing about it is....I get to watch these babies grow. I get to see there changing personalities and I get to hear the sweetest laughs. I know what God purposed for me to be on this Earth. I was supposed to be baby photographer, but did you know that a photography business is HARD? Yup:)
I'm so happy about all the great people I meet. I love that my photography business is work out for me, and that I'm learning and growing. No, I'm not perfect, and I don't have the best tools or knowledge yet, but I know over time I will definitely grow, and I'm just so happy with the amazing people that are letting me photograph them! I am especially happy that I've started get photograph babies, but fall is still my favorite season for family photos!
Oh my word...My life is very hectic right now!
1. Plan a wedding! You would think that would be enough to totally flip a persons life upside down. I am a mess these days trying to figure out what vendors to choose from and what colors to have for the wedding. I am still in the beginning stage of the wedding planning. The last thing I want to become from all of this is the dreaded "Bridezilla". PS. I picked my wedding dress out! I said YES to the dress!
2. Finishing College. Whew, this is challenging. I am transferring my last year to Benedictine University and I am very excited to finalize this process. But its a long process. I need to make sure everything is in order!
3. Move into a photography studio! YAY! My dream is turning into a reality. I can't tell you anymore details on this subject because I don't want to give anyone any false information before everything is finalized but this is so very exciting for me.
4. Incorporating my photography business! Abigail Joyce Photography will become a professional and official business in 2014!
5. Planning the honeymoon! My wonderful Fiance and I decided to travel to Italy! This will be my very first time on a flight (so we might take a day trip somewhere close by before making this big trip) But oh man...Italy is just gorgeous and it will be the trip of lifetime with my best friend.
6. Running a successful photography business! I am completely booked for October and quickly filling up for November. I am SO blessed to have the clients that believe in me.
I just adore this family. They are wonderful. This session was perfect. Of course, the weather was a tab bit hot ( This summer wasn't as bad as last year though!) We managed to get some great photos. These kinds of sessions get me excited for more and more sessions! I love photographing peoples expressions. The beautiful and wonderful expressions that make you, you! I remember photographing this couples maternity session about a year ago. I had no idea that a year later I would still be photographing them! How blessed am I?!
Anyways, nothing really exciting is happening in my personal life. Just school, and my photography business. I guess thats exciting enough! What makes me happy is being able to use my props on sessions that I have been waiting to use and finally get a chance to. Like this little bed in the photos. I found it from Savers for $3 and I was so excited to use it! Also, the 2 vintage dresses Molly has on are mine. I found them for $2 each. I fell in love with all of these props. What a pretty location to utilize them with! Molly was a good sport trying on my dresses. Doesn't that Ivy on the side of that building look just absolutely amazing?? I wish I could live in that building. It over looks a beautiful lake. My clients wanted to meet there and I am so glad they did! What a neat area. I wonder what that Ivy will look like in the fall season?? Hmm....any takers for a fall family session at this location? Id love to revisit it!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 708 505 9081 to schedule a family session in the fall season :) And let me know if you want to meet me here!
- Abigail Joyce
Chicago Family Photographer